Large Interoffice Mailings
Any department planning a large volume intramural mailing should follow the instructions below.
- Contact Penn Mail Services at least one week prior to the desired delivery date.
- Large intramural mailings must be placed in mail code/zipcode order. Departments without a mail code/zipcode must obtain one from Penn Mail Service
Preparing your Mail
What you need to know to prepare for your mailing:
- All mailings of 100 pieces or greater will be assessed a sorting and distribution fee of $0.22 per piece.
- Any department planning a large volume intramural mailing must contact Penn Mail Services at least one week prior to its desired delivery date.
- Whether large mailings are first class or intramural, we ask that all departments use the USPS mail tubs provided by Penn Mail Services in preparation for pickup. Cardboard boxes tend to break in transit and are not suitable for heavy mailings. Please notify Penn Mail Services at least three days prior to your mailing to coordinate delivery of tubs and special pick-up. Depending on the size of your mailing, a small service fee may be assessed.
- If your department has partnered with an external printer to prepare and deliver your large mailing, the printer should contact Penn Mail Services three business days prior to scheduling delivery of the large mailing at Penn Mail Services.
- Penn Mail Services needs the following information:
- The number of mail pieces expected
- The name of the person who contracted the job
- The University department with corresponding budget code and desired completion date